Athletic therapy has been a constant in my life beginning with the Athletic Therapy program at York University through my 10-years service with the Toronto Argonauts Football Club. My clients have included youth, amateur, and professional individuals and teams.
Getting people back on the field, the court, or ice safely takes not only athletic therapy skills and current knowledge, but also a keen sense for working with people. I listen to what my clients say, and also how they say it; paying attention to all signals. My profession helps to ensure people heal in a healthy way and have less chance of a recurring injury.
Erin Brooks, Head Athletic Therapist Toronto Argonauts Football Club
In 2010 after 10 years service, I left the Toronto Argonauts as Head Athletic Therapist. I took time to continue to add new techniques which in total now include: athletic therapy, acupuncture, Cranio-Sacral, muscle energy, and a number of other unique techniques and approaches to athletic injury rehabilitation.
- Canadian Athletic Therapist Association, Certified Member
- National Athletic Trainers Association, Certified Member
- Canadian Red Cross, Sport First Responder & CPR/AED Level HCP
Other professional development
- Contemporary Medical Acupuncture
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment
- SpiderTech Kinesiology Taping Level 1
- Frequency Specific Microcurrent
- Muscle Energy Lumbar Spine/Pelvis, Thoracic/Cervical Spine
- Soft Tissue Release
- Craniosacral Level 1
- Strain/Counterstrain Lumbar Spine/Pelvis, Thoracic/Cervical Spine